Monday, July 1, 2024

When Leadership Sins

When Leadership Sins
‭I Kings 9:6-7 NKJV‬
[6] But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me, and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, [7] then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them; and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight. Israel will be a proverb and a byword among all peoples. 

Excuse me, i read that more than one time. If the leaders sin, I thought it should read, "  I will cut off their children from ruling". That was my head. Consequences do not have to be fair. Marshall Segal of desireGod thinks on similar lines when he said, " The temptations for leaders are as real as they are for the rest of us, but the consequences are more severe. When a leader falls, all are punished". Then he expliains by using a Pastor example , " Not punished for the pastor’s sin, but by his sin. It’s fair, then, to say they are punished because of his sin". Pause and think about it. Someone else gives the reason, " Leaders are meant to be an example and, therefore, above reproach. They lead by example and show others how to live a life wholly submitted to Christ." Leaders can not afford to play the sin. A leaders sin is community sin. Don't do it. Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment