Wednesday, October 16, 2024

The Word Of the Lord is with Him

The Word Of The Lord Is With Him 
II Kings 3:12-14 NKJV
[12] And Jehoshaphat said, “The word of the Lord is with him.” So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him. [13] Then Elisha said to the king of Israel, “What have I to do with you? Go to the prophets of your father and the prophets of your mother.” But the king of Israel said to him, “No, for the Lord has called these three kings together to deliver them into the hand of Moab.” [14] And Elisha said, “As the Lord of hosts lives, before whom I stand, surely were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat king of Judah, I would not look at you, nor see you. 

What seperates one prophet from another is in the words they deliver. Some deliver their words, some deliver the words of the enemy, and some deliver the word of the Lord. The word of the Lord may also be called the word of God. In a compilation of BibleStudy Tools, the authors say that both the written Word and Jesus Christ are considered as the word of the Lord. " The Bible is called the Word of God, meaning it can be considered a direct line of communication from the Lord, divinely inspired by the authors of the respective books.
Jesus Christ Himself is also called the Word of God. This concept is based on the belief that Jesus embodies God's message to humanity". 
   John1:1 settles the implication of the word for us in both the Old and the New Testament. It might have been spoken or written in the Old Testament, but it became the person of Jesus in the New Testament. To have Jesus is to have the Word.
   So the Kings went to consult the mind of God concerning their mission. You too need a word for your mission. Micah Stampley has written a song on this subject. "Oh Lord speak into my life. I am a living sacrifice
Your word says live and not die
Oh Lord speak into my life". I wish I could tell you the backstory. Stampley says he lives daily by the word. "One word I'm living this moment on a word
Not just any word but a word from you
A word that says I'm healed delivered and set free. There are no more chains holding me". You can sing with me. "One word is all I need!"
    Thank God for Jehoshaphat. They went to that war on a word. That's how to fight.. on a word. Read the book. What do you use to war? Is it the word of the Lord? Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment