Monday, September 30, 2024

If I Be A Man Of God

If I Be A Man Of God...
II Kings 1:9-10 NKJV
[9] Then the king sent to him a captain of fifty with his fifty men. So he went up to him; and there he was, sitting on the top of a hill. And he spoke to him: “Man of God, the king has said, ‘Come down!’ ” [10] So Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, “If I am a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men.” And fire came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty. 

I first heard the phrase, " If I be a Man of God", from Archbishop Idahosa before I read it in the word. Some seven armed robbers had gone to the Idahosa's house to accost some missionaries from England. That is when  the Bishop told them: " If I be a Man of God...". The robbers ran away. This is where the Archbishop read the original.
   There are moments when a man's calling faces resistance snd challenges. It is as if all hell is asking: "Who called you?" The devil tried it first with Jesus: “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down...."( Mat. 4:6 ). 
   Angie Ward was faced with this kind of problems. Hear her discovery: " The Bible never promises that following God will be easy. In fact, Jesus says that believers should expect to experience trouble in this world (John 16:33). While this verse also promises that Christ will have ultimate victory, the Bible gives plenty of examples of men and women who experienced challenges as they sought to obey God’s calling". 
   Its the attitude that makes meaning to me. The fire prophet called down fire on the fifty. Elijah still had the anointing. Its like saying, " I maybe old but I still got it". Respect returned. Join me tomorrow to see what God will do. Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment